From Mr. Kautzman:
We are launching a campaign to raise money to pay the electric bills for everyone who needs it in the county through SNAP’s “Project Share” program.
And we need your help. . .
Please take a minute to do the following:
- Text “lightson15” to 71777 & make a donation. Dig as deep as you can. If we can get every school employee in the county to donate $40, we will make our goal of paying everyone's bill who needs it...in the whole county.
- Like our Facebook & Instagram page, #spokanekeepthelightson, & like or share our posts over the next three weeks.
- Tell your peers at middle & elementary that if they want to get involved, to email spokanekeepthelightson@
gmail.comor communications@ snapwa.gov
- Share this information with whoever you know this will help create some energy & competition. Challenge them! Talk smack even!
- Check out the amazing programs that SNAP offers at https://www.snapwa.org/menu/
Prior to the COVID crisis, Spokane County unemployment was at 5.7%, and is rising as more people experience layoffs. Over 12,500 households received energy assistance from SNAP in 2019, including Brandi and her sons. Last week, SNAP gave out $37,000 in this type of relief. SNAP indeed!